37


When I began teaching English Language Arts over twenty years ago, I felt I was a teacher of Literature. Literature and grammar dominated the curriculum. Novel studies were routinely incorporated into the classroom routine. Read alouds were all about the most interesting fiction.

While Common Core advocates debunk the myth that nonfiction and informational texts are not replacing the literature taught in the classroom, the fact remains that ELA teachers must become the teachers of informational text. 

I know that I must become a purveyor of nonfiction resources. Instead of bookmarking every resource that I come across in my daily research, I've created a Pinterest board called "Nonfiction Resources". If you've got a Pinterest account, please click on my board and follow for my latest finds for this topic.

You can also subscribe to my page on Facebook to get daily links to articles and blogs that I find interesting.

And of course you can follow me on Twitter.

Enjoy the rest of your day dear readers.

Mrs. Etheridge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan