Change is Gonna Come



Counting down the days and hoping I can keep my patience in check. The end of the school year is bittersweet and filled with a variety of feelings and emotions. Another year is going by, another group of students made it through another year of Language Arts with me. Teachers look forward to the end of the techno year and summer break, yet we also know that the end of one year means changes for the next.

And there I'll be changes...in curriculum and testing. The next few years are going to be pivotal in the future of public education in this country. In some ways I embrace those changes and in some ways I'm scared of where we're heading. I want to embrace these changes. I want to take the Common Core State Standards and make them my own.

Over the summer, I would like to explore each of the standards and develop a thorough plan for teaching each. My PLC team has plans to get together over the summer and develop formative assessments to give next year.

Changes cause me to be more creative and think outside the box. They get my juices flowing. As teachers say good-bye to one year, we should be ready to say welcome to a new one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan