Countdown to the End

Well, another school year is about over. Two weeks until I've completed another year of seventh grade.  I often jokingly say that I have no job skills, but if the truth be broadcast to all, then teachers have an abundance of  job skills that make them perfect candidates for just about any profession.

Unfortunately, teachers are no longer appreciated for what they have to offer. Teachers make the best employees because they are punctual, have the ability to multitask, and are flexible in their approach to dealing with people.

I will admit that this past year with the second round of evaluations has been a roller coaster of a year. I have never before cared so much about my value-added scores. I spent a good portion of my time looking at data and achievement scores. Mastery and proficiency have become integral parts of my vocabulary.

But in spite of it all, I wouldn't change jobs for anything...at least not yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan