Back From Hiatus

Photo courtesy of Ireland Commons on Flickr

Well, I've been on a bit of a hiatus since the beginning of the month what with teaching and holiday obligations.  I have managed to begin a second manuscript~a nonfiction teacher resource on writer's workshop.  My FIRST NOVEL is still just sitting there....waiting for inspiration.  

I've ordered three new picture books that I want to create lessons for:




These three books will be used as mentor texts to show students how one moment or small idea can develop into a longer piece of writing.  I look forward to sharing these ideas with you in the coming weeks.

Until next week....

Melissa Reese Etheridge




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan