LET IT SNOW AGAIN

When I was growing up in the fortress, there was no such thing as "snow days." We went to school in spite of the weather. As a public school teacher, I appreciate snow days. They are truly gifts from God.

I'm not sure where this modern idea of getting out of school for a snow day came from. I didn't know of them until I became a teacher.

Now, I hope and dream for them. My hopes for snow days are what keep me going through the long month of January.

We don't have a snow day tomorrow, but we are going in two hours late, which means that I get to stay in my Jimmy jams a bit longer. Yippee!

Even though I will get up at the same time tomorrow, I'm looking forward to a little more relaxed time.

There was a movie that came out several years ago called "Snow Day." Of course there was a fabulous snow, but the road crew makes an earnest attempt to clear the roads by the next day. The kids attempt to sabotage their efforts. It seems like we all thought it was cute.

Well, I hope you all stay warm tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan