Where do you get your writing inspiration?



I write everyday. I love to write. I love to think about writing. I love the writing process. I love to teach others about writing.

But where does our inspiration come from? What inspires us to sit at the keyboard and write?


Right now, I'm snuggly inside my home while it's a freezing winter wonderland outside. We've gotten so much snow and ice that the town has practically shut down. There is my inspiration.



The trees look like someone has taken plastic wrap and wound it around each branch. The branches are heavy. All of the furniture looks like it's covered in glass. When the sun comes out, the ice wrinkles like diamonds.

The cold is brutal. The temperatures continue to plummet. I'm so thankful that I don't have to go out in it.

I'm glad that I went to the grocery store last weekend to get what we need.

Inspiration. It's like a flask of creativity that we carry around. We are inspired. We are bound to our creativity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable