The Forms of Personal Pronouns


The form of a personal pronoun shows how it can be used in a sentence. Pronouns used as subjects and predicate nominatives are in the subject form.

Examples: 
He and I went to the post office.
The winner of the marathon is she.

Pronouns used as direct objects and indirect objects of verbs and objects of the preposition are in the object form.

Examples:
Mr. Garcia helped him and me with yesterday's homework.
The clerk gave us the package.
when is Theo going to give the flowers to her?

Possessive forms (my, mine, your, yours, his, her, hers, its, their, theirs, our, ours) are used to show ownership or possession.

Examples:
My sister had to turn the box on its end to get it through the door.
A mother bear is very protective of her cubs.

Personal Pronouns:

Singular Subject: I, you, he, she, it
Plural Subject: we, you, they

Singular object: me, you, him, her, it
Plural object: us, you, them

Singular possessive: my, mine, your, yours, his, her, hers, its
Plural Possessive: our, ours, your, yours, their, theirs













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan