LSV: How can I link RTI to Differentiation?



The RTI framework is easily aligned to the intentional teaching that is necessary to differentiated instruction. RTI does require more frequent assessments or probes through progress monitoring

Define the instructional focus.

What is the student's specific learning problem?

What are my academic goals for this student?

What examples of his work do I have that proves that he's struggling with this specific problem?

Develop an action plan.

Which research-based strategies would be helpful for this student?

How might I differentiate instruction for this student?

How long will I implement this intervention before assessing the student's progress?

Implement the action plan.

Check for fidelity of instruction: Is the instruction being implemented appropriately, consistently, and completely?

Do the student's performance and work samples indicate that the intervention is effective? Collect the student's work samples as evidence of his or her performance.

What instructional adjustments need to be made?

Is the student responding positively to instruction?

Does the student's performance indicate that he or she is learning and making progress?

Evaluate the effectiveness of instruction and student learning.

What does my collected data tell me about the student's response to my instructional strategies?

Do I need to further differentiate instruction for this student?

Do I need to create a new instructional action plan?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan