June 27, 2015

Melissa Reese Etheridge

I created the featured image on Sketchbook for Kindle Fire. First, I drew the basic picture. Then, I filled in the image using a variety of brushes and colors. Afterward, I uploaded the drawing to Photo Studio Pro where I enhanced the picture. It is a multi-step proceedings that took about forty minutes.

Today is Friday. It is the last Friday of June. The Summer Solstice is over, so the days will be getting shorter. The weather in Middle Tennessee is hot and humid. There is a cold front moving through the Southeast, so we are now experiencing thunderstorms. The thunderstorms are leading the way for the cooler weather.

The kids and I spent the day at my mom's house. We enjoyed lunch and a visit. For lunch, we had baked chicken and macaroni and cheese. For dessert, we had strawberry trifle. The kids helped mom with some outside chores.

This week, I watched COURTING CHAOS. The film was written and directed by Alan Clay. I have read several of Clay's books and watched his other movie, BUTTERFLY CRUSH.

The movie tells the story of a young model who feels dissatisfied with her life. She meets a group of clowns who perform on the boardwalk at Venice Beach, California. Through their direction and guidance, the young model learns to let herself go and be herself. The dialog is spot on and moves the plot along. The characters are believable and deliver their lines naturally.

Now, I am reading Angels Can Fly, the book on which the movie "Courting Chaos" is based. I will let you know how it is when I finish it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Scout's Honor" by Avi

Back to School Bumper Sticker Activity and Printable

LSV: Writing Book Reviews Lesson Plan